Monday 11 June 2007

Ordinary Londoners - No 3 in a series

Shot with Olympus E500
Let me introduce Nova Hughes, who kindly let me take her portrait outside Cellar Door, a trad jazz club that will be worth a LDP visit in the future. Born and bred in London she loves its diversity, the music and theatre. She's a singer, and will be performing there again this Thursday 14th (free entry!). Listen to her singing on hermyspace site and you'll want to be there, too.

See where: London Daily Photo Map

1 comment:

Tomate Farcie said...

I love it!!!

You know, I was just watching a documentary on Ella Fitzgerald's career yesterday. This song is one of the songs that always remind me of her. Ella was, and always will be, First Lady of Jazz as far as I'm concerned, and I will probably adore her work and her voice until the day I die.

With this perspective in mind, I say to Nova Hughes: "Bravo, young lady, for making this song come alive so well. Terrific voice and interpretation! Great sound! Two thumbs way up! :-D"